Call for Nominations – Deadline May 13, 2021
The Prince Albert & District Chamber has a board of 14 people including a Past Chair, Chair, 1st Vice Chair and a 2nd Vice Chair, plus 10 Directors and board elected member
There are 3 vacant positions on the Board that are up for election and there are 3 positions that are up for re-election in 2021.
This is the Formal Call for Nominations.
These positions will be for a two year term, June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2023.
Only members in good standing are eligible to sit on the Board of the Prince Albert & District Chamber of Commerce.
Election to the Board will be determined by the candidates that receive the most votes. Ballots will be sent to all member businesses, who will receive one vote per member organization.
The choice of who is nominated or voted for is entirely up to you as a member of the Prince Albert & District Chamber. However, as our Governance process has a goal of representing all segments of the membership on the Board of Directors, we ask that you consider the following:
- Rural geographic representation – Business within the R.M of Buckland or Prince Albert
- Representation from varying business sectors – we currently do not have representation on the board from the Retail, Legal, Real Estate, Agricultural/Natural Resources, Manufacturing/Production/Wholesale
Effective June 1st, 2021, the Board Directors with continuing terms for 2021-2022 are:
- Past Chair – Tracy Feher – Feher Financial
- Chair – Bill Powalinsky – Community Service Centre
- 1st Vice Chair – Kelly Disiewich – MNP
- 2nd Vice Chair – To Be Determined
- Treasurer – Phil Hounjet – RBC
- Board Elected – Robert Bratvold – Sask Rivers School Division
Board Members: (Term ending May 31, 2022)
- Jeff Stumpf – Prince Albert Alarm
- Michael Scissons – Prince Albert Raiders
- Jessica Gale – Mont St Joseph’s Foundation
Re-Election: (Term ending May 31, 2021)
- Tanya Tootoosis – Northern Lights Casino
- Clayton Clarke – Asiil Enterprises
- Wesley Moore — Moore Architecture Consulting Group Ltd.
Duties as a Director to the Chamber include: attending Board meetings – held 11 times annually; attending various events; and participation in at least one of the following committees.
- Business Advocacy Committee
- Finance Committee
- Governance Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- Membership Committee
- Samuel McLeod Business Awards Committee
The selection of qualified people who have time to contribute to the Prince Albert Chamber is of vital importance, and we ask that you give due consideration to this fact in the nomination process.
Please submit your nomination using the form below. The deadline for nominations is May 13, 2021.
After nominations have been received and confirmed, the slate of candidates will be sent to each member’s primary representative along with the ballot containing information on the candidates during the week of May 17, 2021.
Please be sure to review the Prince Albert & District Chamber of Commerce Vision and Mission in our Policy Manual, as well as the Bylaws of the association prior to submitting the form. This information can also be found on our About Us Page. If you have any questions, please call Elise Hildebrandt at (306)764-6222 or email [email protected]