How is your business represented on Facebook?
Your business needs to be represented as a “page” on Facebook, this makes it so that you can promote your business or organization to the millions of users on Facebook and they can share your page and posts with others. Which is free advertising for you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind with your Facebook page:
- Status updates are important but do not overwhelm, max 2-3 a day
- Show the people that “like” your page the benefits of your business.
- Users are more likely to engage with businesses if they post pictures.
- Photos included in your status updates generate 53% more likes than the average post.
- Check your spelling before you post.
- Mentions others with @, interaction helps get you more traffic and attention.
- If you are positive on Facebook people spend twice as much money with your business.
If you think you don’t have time to keep updating Facebook -- you are wrong.
In the picture above you can see a really useful feature of having a Facebook page. You can schedule your posts. You can write as many status updates as you want and schedule them throughout the week or month. In 10 minutes you can write your updates for the entire week. Everyone can find 10 minutes once a week to update their page.
Facebook is used to keep your business name in the minds of your customers, your website is where they go for more information. If you do not have a website you can easily create one with Weebly. Our Samuel Mcleod Business Awards website was just created using the program and I am very impressed with how easy it is to use and all of the features. If you do not have a website or you are looking to update your current website take a moment to check out Weebly.
Keep checking our blog for more Business Tips and Tricks!
Carolyn- Communications Coordinator